View Single Post
Old
02-23-2012, 04:32 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectr17 View Post
Some people say Oshie had an "off" game. Really? Matching up all night against Chara, eating a stick in the chops and still putting whew hits on folks.
He mixed it up with Chara but didn't really create opportunities from them. He played physically. But the Blues need Oshie to be able to be a part of dangerous scoring chances if they're going to win. Chara got the better of him (as you would expect Chara to do against anyone, no knock on Oshie) so his game amounted to a lot of physicality where puck battles weren't won and very few chances created.

Let me be clear, I love Oshie's physical game, I always love his scrappiness, and I always love when any player is willing to sacrifice to make plays. But he has not really been producing many offensive scoring chances relative to earlier in the season. What have they been doing at even strength lately on scoring chances compared to earlier in the year? They certainly miss Steen. Backes and Perron were clicking recently, but it's felt like Oshie's not been as big a factor as he was the first half. As much as one can respect his physical play, they need more from him.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote