Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
Dubi
McIlrath
Thomas
1st

Probably won't work because of the cap. We're taking $7.8 and moving $4.2. Need to move Wolski or something. Wolski is $3.8 of useless space.

I'd rather do this (but doubt CBJ does it):

Dubi
Wolski
McIlrath
1st (2012) + 2nd (2013)

I'm not a big advocate for acquiring Nash. If it can be done at the right price, so be it. I'm just weary of that huge contract coming this way and have to admit that I'm seeing shades of Redden/Drury/Gomez on their way back.
I think the cap hit works because of how the cap prorates stuff over the course of the season, blah blah blah

Also, gotta realize Columbus is selling low at this point. Nash is not having a good season, he has a ridiculously high cap hit for what he brings, he's never been an A+ player...Kovalchuk, Hossa, even Richards were all better players than Nash when they were traded

edit: that's not to say that Columbus has to move him for a "mediocre" return, but I believe that's why you hear teams are balking at what Columbus has initially wanted. Howson isn't getting a great return for Nash if he goes through with a trade, no one wants to break the bank for the guy at the moment.