View Single Post
Old
02-23-2012, 06:10 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
One thing that's for sure in this league, is you have to be strong down the middle. Kopitar-Richards-Carter, talent wise, could be the best in the league today. Over the last few years maybe only second to Crosby-Malkin-Staal, but I didn't spend too long thinking about that I could be wrong there.

The 1st round pick? Fine. Dean Lombardi hasn't done as much in the draft as we like to think. If the Kings miss the playoffs, he won't be around to not use it.

One issue though, is that he is not a winger. I guess they can try him there again, but the only time he played on the wing for an extended period of time was during the 2010 playoffs for the Flyers, and it was by default on his off-wing. Ville Leino replaced him in the lineup when he got hurt vs. the Devils, and played well above expectations with Briere and Hartnell. Claude Giroux had moved to center full time, and a lot of things were working with he, JVR and Arron Asham. The only place to put him back in was to replace Dan Carcillo on the line with Mike Richards and Simon Gagne. They made the best of basically not being a complete failure for the Flyers (which was easy against a Montreal team who couldn't score), but against Chicago in the Finals, it wasn't very effective.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote