View Single Post
Old
02-23-2012, 07:19 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
We get Richards because Gaborik needs someone to get him the puck. Richards and Gaborik have no chemistry, don't play together, and we are lucky that Gaborik is scoring anyway.

Chemistry is important and often impossible to figure out.

Dubinsky will regain his scoring touch and this team will mature without ripping it apart.

Isn't 40 years of selling the future for a failed chance at this year lesson enough?
trading Dubinsky is not ripping the team apart. And I don't care how much of a scoring touch Dubinsky might regain, it will never compare to Rick Nash. Dubinsky should be fortunate to break 30. We know he can do it but he'll have to work hard for it. And when your linemate is a slumping Brian Boyle, what exactly does he have to work with to turn into a scoring machine?

I'm not seeing how Dubi, Thomas, McI, 1st for Nash (and let's assume a prospect or a 3rd) is the blight some posters have been treating it like. Sather still manages to keep McD, MDZ, Staal, Stepan, Kreider, Miller, Erixon - it's a steep price indeed for an elite player and the cap is definitely a concern (the biggest IMO) but we'd be getting one of the league's most dynamic scorers. I just look forward to see if Sather can pull together some of his magic tricks to get a better deal for us (we all love the Sather magician pic!) because, yes, that contract is a whale and I'm sure the CBJ owners wouldn't lose sleep over unloading it. Whose to say the owners aren't pressuring Howson to dump it because the per annum hit starts going up (currently at $7.5M, contract ends at $8.2M). Always nice seeing Sather working on trades when he is trading from the position of power. He knows he doesn't HAVE to get Nash as much as it seems like Howson must get rid of him.