View Single Post
Old
02-23-2012, 08:14 PM
redcard

vCash: 500
We traded from an area of strength to an area of weakness, in theory its a good trade.

But I'm disappointed to see Johnson go, therefore my expectations for Carter are tremendous. If he doesn't perform, I'm expecting a management change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
During Doughygate we had discussions about agents, and many people praised Jack for negotiating his own dealwithout an agent.

Well I can guarantee you an agent wouldn't have let his client give a hometown discount for a very long term without any kind of NTC. Even a modified NTC that says don't trade me to Edmonton, Winnipeg, Columbus, Long Island, Montreal etc could have saved Jack.

Agents do serve a purpose, Jack learned that the hard way. He now has to spend the prime years of his career in a city I guarantee you he despises.
Johnson couldn't have been protected from this trade with a NTC, as it wouldn't have been allowed to kick in until he turned 27. If your point is that he shouldn't have signed a 7 year deal in the first place until he reached the age of 27 then you're right, but he still likely would have been a part of the deal regardless.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote