View Single Post
Old
02-23-2012, 09:23 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
During Doughygate we had discussions about agents, and many people praised Jack for negotiating his own dealwithout an agent.

Well I can guarantee you an agent wouldn't have let his client give a hometown discount for a very long term without any kind of NTC. Even a modified NTC that says don't trade me to Edmonton, Winnipeg, Columbus, Long Island, Montreal etc could have saved Jack.

Agents do serve a purpose, Jack learned that the hard way. He now has to spend the prime years of his career in a city I guarantee you he despises.
How do you feel about the actual hockey side of the trade, putting aside your obvious sympathy for a Michigan Man going to OSU Country?

I'm not expecting you to high-five DL, but I seem to recall you being high on Carter when rumors first sprung up that he could be available while he was still a Flyer. Glaring weakness on this team is goal scoring and that's what he does.

Obviously, JJ is still a King if DL could close a UFA signing like Gaborik or Kovy, but this move has to be a step in the right direction as far as adding legit talent up front, no?

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote