View Single Post
Old
01-24-2006, 09:58 PM
panayiotis

vCash: 500
tim is right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
Just read this in the Inquirer in the "Loose Pucks" section.

"Finally, Flyers prospect Steve Downie just can't seem to stay on the ice. He was suspended recently for figve games for going after Belleville captain Andrew Gibbons during the final five minutes of a game. Gibbons turtled, but Downie insisted on throwing punches, thus earning a well deserved suspension. This kid doesn't get it. Even after chats from Paul Holmgren, a respected fighter, he's still a bully with no conscience and no respect for his fellow player. That's not the type of player who would be wearing orange and black. It makes you wonder whether Downie is simply a younger version of Billy Tibbetts."

I think Tim Panaccio is insane. I didn't see the incident, but Downie strikes me as a player with a whole lot of heart who inspires his teammates. It's Tim Panaccio who doesn't get it. First of all, Clarke loves players like this, thus, he would be wearing the orange and black. Panaccio finishes by brilliantly comparing Downie to a convicted rapist who had no skill whatsoever and didn't belong within 20 miles of a rink.

Panaccio also said that Niittymaki would go back to being the back-up.

Is www.firetimpanaccio.com already taken?
Downie has got a ton of baggage. I wonder if Downie inspired the kid in Windsor....How would u feel if that was youre son....?Tibbetts is a nutty comparison..To over look the other stuff will not help Downie mature.