View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 03:26 AM
markisonfire

vCash: 500
Man, Gagne's injury really sucks right about now.

Gagne - Kopitar - Brown
Carter - Richards - Williams

A couple things of note here:

- We should do everything in our power to keep Willie Mitchell, at least for another year or two. He's consistently been our best defenseman. I would hate to lose him. Even if we do somehow manage to pull off one of these pipe dream Suter trades.

- If a trade comes along that moves Brown for a significant package that improves the team, everyone should be for it. Brown stuck it out through a real rough spot in this organization and has been with us the longest, but this isn't his team. He isn't a guy that motivates this team to kick ass. He was a great "on-ice leader" a couple years ago when he was banging bodies and giving 100% every shift, but he doesn't do that anymore. When was the last time he threw a huge check? Anyone remember this Brown?

I sure do. He was a wrecking ball. He was dynamic. He was my favorite player. What the hell happened?

Unfortunately, I don't think that Brown is coming back. He has three kids now. He is more concerned about safety. Although he is most effective when he plays with that reckless edge he used to have, he no longer needs to play that way. It upsets me - I was his biggest fan.

So what are we to do? He excelled when he was a tough as nails son of a ***** and now he is trying to be a finesse player. It hasn't worked for the past two seasons or so.

If the deal makes sense... you might want to pull the trigger. I just don't know what that deal is yet.