View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 08:07 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
A lot of teams are going to be after Brown if he is on the market. I would do Blum, whatever pick it would take, and a prospect. No way you get rid of Smith, Wilson, or Ellis.
Damn throw Klein in there to. Im tired of seeing his number on the ice after 85% of the goals against us.
So after we finally plug the last remaining hole on the blueline we jettison our #3 defenseman in a package for Dustin Brown, but there is no way they get Smith or Ellis? I don't get that. I know Smith and Ellis have huge potential, but what good does it do us to save potential over proven players with 21 games left and what is likely to be a tough series against the Blues in April? Smith will be tossed around between all four lines, but likely only sees ~10 minutes of ice per night in the play offs. Ellis is likely back in Milwaukee by then. Klein is going to play on the second pairing, much to your chagrin, and will do so solidly even if he is on the ice for a goal against per night. No thanks...

If we are going to be trading for Dustin Brown it needs to be prospects and picks. The only roster player that I would be ok with moving is Smithson, and I really don't see LA wanting Smithson back. They need offense (which they got with Carter, and completely destroys your hope of seeing Klein moved). We do not need to part with offense. LA and Nashville make bad partners unless they are needing to dump his salary without taking any back.