View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
So after we finally plug the last remaining hole on the blueline we jettison our #3 defenseman in a package for Dustin Brown, but there is no way they get Smith or Ellis? I don't get that. I know Smith and Ellis have huge potential, but what good does it do us to save potential over proven players with 21 games left and what is likely to be a tough series against the Blues in April? Smith will be tossed around between all four lines, but likely only sees ~10 minutes of ice per night in the play offs. Ellis is likely back in Milwaukee by then. Klein is going to play on the second pairing, much to your chagrin, and will do so solidly even if he is on the ice for a goal against per night. No thanks...

If we are going to be trading for Dustin Brown it needs to be prospects and picks. The only roster player that I would be ok with moving is Smithson, and I really don't see LA wanting Smithson back. They need offense (which they got with Carter, and completely destroys your hope of seeing Klein moved). We do not need to part with offense. LA and Nashville make bad partners unless they are needing to dump his salary without taking any back.
I disagree here completely. I think if Nashville offers LA Blum + Hillen/Frankie + Hals/Hornqvist they would accept that for Brown. You talk about Predators style of players, Brown is EXACTLY that. He would be a perfect fit here and for his salary, I would be willing to part with a good amount. His addition puts us over the top in my opinion. He can do Hornqvists job but better at even strength.

And if Ellis is in MIL, I will personally call trotz and demand and explanation. There is absolutely no reason to put him in MIL, it sends the wrong message to the team and the player. What more do you want from him? He's almost singlehandedly with Josi fixed that second PP unit. Sending him would be a very grave mistake.

Last edited by Roman Yoshi: 02-24-2012 at 08:22 AM.