Thread: The Lavi Thread
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
They have Kevin McCarthy who works as a coach for the ds, I think.
Not sure what kind of job he is doing with Coburn, Mesz and Carle. Take away Pronger and Timonen and these guys are below average d-men.
Is Coburn 4.5M d-men? Everyone wants to see "angry" Coburn but it happens twice a season.
We have McCarthy, Berube and yesterday I saw Riley Cote coaching kids in pregame show.. wtf?
I’d like to ask Berube what is going on with PK. I mean it was good when Pronger was here but now we can actually use some coaching.
Quote:
I also don't think that Read was quite as bad as some of the posts in the GDT indicates that he was. Sure, his offense has dried up, but he's still pretty dependable defensively. That they trust him to be the third guy on a line with Brière and Jagr says a lot about how highly they think of him.
Read was not bad, at the same time what was he doing on 6:4 PP playing point in the end of the game? That's just average coaching. That's just one example.
If Read is not going double shift JVR, Simmonds hell put Giroux on RW a few times. Maybe use Hartnell.
Quote:
On defense, I wouldn't mind seeing some changes though. Timonen-Coburn have been together for a long time now, and for the most time they are doing a real good job, but I think it's time to break them up. Pair Coburn with Grossman and create a shutdown pairing. Timonen-Kubina could be a good pairing as well, I think. Sure, it's not the fastest one, but they are bouth good enough positionally that I don't think it should create too much problems. Also, we're fairly often in the offensive zone when Timonen's on the ice I think (I remember reading some stat about it, maybe it's changed though...) and if he could pass the puck to Kubina instead of Coburn on the blue line, that might not be so bad. That leaves Meszaros-Carle however... They should be good enough to form a good pairing, I just hope they can play that way consistently.
I wasn't going to go into details but yes, something like that. Change things around. ****.. we losing anyway.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote