View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 08:57 AM
rockjngo

vCash: 500
I believe Leblanc is a better winger than a center, much like Claude Giroux. Eller is a better center than winger. Eller is our big center. This is only his second season mind you. I'm sure next year he'll have a bigger role.

I would like to see Leblanc-Eller-Gallagher line. Eller is more of a passer. Leblanc is a shooter. Gallagher is very creative ala younger version of Brian Gionta.

And of course you have Pacorietty-Desharnais-Cole. I would not trade Davy. He has proven that he can put up points in every level. Surrounding him with two prototype power forward really help. Cole is Patches big brother. Both Cole and Patches can put in 30 goals a season. Davy reminds me of Cliff Ronning. I remember Ronning to Bure goals. I think Desharnais and Ronning have the same skill sets, great passer, very quick and speedy, not as offensively gifted as Martin St Louis.

Pleky line should feature Rene Bourque and Ryan White. Plek is one of the better two-way center in the league. He can play in all situation. People say Plek is small. He is the same size as Crosby though isn't as strong nor offensively gifted. Plek would be a perfect 3rd line center on every team. A player you can put out there for shutdown. He's also a leader. I'm not sure what Bourque is suppose to do. He needs to play more physical. Some nights Bourque reminds me of a young Shayne Corson (first stunt with MTL). I really hope he gets more involved. Ryan White is one of my favorite Hab. I think he is a guy who bleeds CH. White is an old fashion hockey player who will do anything to win. He can play physical, shutdown, positional hockey. A player who love on your team. White is a player built for the playoffs (Travis Moen, Kris Draper, Kirk Maltby, Mike Keane, Stephane Matteau, Brian Noonen type) those gritty kind of guys.

Our 4th line will feature Moen-Boom Boom Jr Geoffrion-Bournival. We all know what Moen brings to the table. He's just the perfect 3-4th liner who can play in every situation. A Mike Babcock type of player. Geoffrion will play with pride. I have high hopes for this player, he could be a steal in the Gill trade. I think Nashville made up for trading trash for Sergei Kostitsyn. Sure Gill is worth 2nd round pick. But I would probably do S.Kostitsyn for Geoffrion trade. Bournival is going to be our 3rd line center in a few years. He's listed as 6' 200lbs but if you see him on ice, he's built like tight end. He looks bigger than he is, his center of gravity is strong. A player that comes to my mind when I think of Bournival is John Madden, Tim Taylor but stronger.

So the lines I want next year or in a few years. I left out Gionta and Gomez because I don't think they will be with the Habs in a few years. I don't think Aaron Palushaj is NHL material.

Pacorietty-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-White
Leblanc-Eller-Gallagher
Moen-Geoffrion-Bournival
Blunden

On defense I left out Markov and Kaberle as I think both are finish (career wise) Markov with career injury and Kabby defensive blunt ala Patrice Brisebois. I really don't want Diaz and Weber back as they are weak and out muscled every game. I would love to add Ryan Suter, 6'1 210lbs can play both end. I would give him 5-6 mil per season. Emelin and Tinordi will hit everything that moves, including little Desharnais backchecking. Suter will mentor Boulieau into a dynamic offensive threat. I would like Subban-Gorges to be shutdown defense pair.

Subban-Gorges
Boulieau-Suter
Emelin-Tinordi

Price
I don't really care who's the backup as long as he plays 5 games a season.

rockjngo is online now   Reply With Quote