View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Niagaradad

vCash: 50
Is your son happy on the team he is on now? If he moves up is he guaranteed to play as much as he is now or would he possibly be behind someone that gets a larger share of the ice time?

Unlike other areas on the team, if he struggles he's more likely to sit rather than move down a line if he was a forward for instance.

What experience do you have with the coaching staff on a number of issues? a) instruction b) tournaments they select the team to enter (here i mean do they pick tournaments that your team can succeed in rather than simply picking them based on prestige of the tournament where your team won't stand out or perhaps struggle) c) deportment and rapport with the players

I think all of these things should be a consideration more than AAA vs AA. I think more parents get hung up on the level that their kids play at especially when teams get fielded that aren't as strong as the level they are playing at but get to hold their heads high because their kid is playing at a more "impressive" level of hockey.

Niagaradad is offline   Reply With Quote