View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I think you are both underrating Brown overrating JvR. Brown is not basically another Hartnell/Simmonds. Brown is a complete player who could play on the top line with Giroux (though, as you pointed out, maybe not long term because of his age/contract). JvR, on the other hand, is a young and raw talent. While he absolutely could be that top line winger you are talking about, he also may not turn out to be anything more than Brown is offensively (while IMO won't ever reach Brown in the rest of his game). I'd take Brown over JvR any day of the week.
I'm not underrating/overrating anyone. I know Brown is the better player, and I know he'll always be the more complete player. But like I said before, it's about constructing a team and allocating resources to positions that are needed.

We have other players that provide us already with what Brown would if he were here. They may or may not be as good individually, but the sum of the parts is definitely greater. We have no one, outside of Jagr and possibly Briere, that is capable of providing top line goal scoring ability. Jagr may not be here next year, and Briere's game may have fallen off.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote