Old
02-24-2012, 11:16 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I'm not underrating/overrating anyone. I know Brown is the better player, and I know he'll always be the more complete player. But like I said before, it's about constructing a team and allocating resources to positions that are needed.

We have other players that provide us already with what Brown would if he were here. They may or may not be as good individually, but the sum of the parts is definitely greater. We have no one, outside of Jagr and possibly Briere, that is capable of providing top line goal scoring ability. Jagr may not be here next year, and Briere's game may have fallen off.
That's all well and good, but at this point, JvR isn't that guy either and may never be. He MIGHT be someday, but he isn't now. Brown is the type of player any team would be lucky to have. Brown's cap hit is also lower than JvR's, leaving more room to go after a Suter or even that elusive top line guy you are talking about. I wouldn't be upset if this deal didn't get done, like I said, I like JvR, but if I were GM I'd be trying to work something out.

Also, if they would take less than JvR (like Read and some other stuff), I'd prefer to do that. But I don't think this deal gets done without JvR.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote