Thread: News Article: Moen's going nowhere. WHIIICKKET!!!
View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 12:26 PM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Gauthier is a tool.

Now that I got that out of the way, Moen is more valuable than a 2nd round pick that will take years to develop and get into the NHL. Moen has 9 goals and fought Thornton to a draw. Moen is needed on this team now playing along side White and hopefully another gritty tough player on the 4th line.

I remember reading here the posts that people said they would love to have a tough guy as long as he could play sound hockey, score goals and still fight. We have him. His name is Travis Moen and people are ready to trade him for a pick that may lead to nothing.

Sign Moen now to a 2 or 3 year contract.
Exactly, plus the guy is doing an underrated defensive job I mean he is like the second or third best defensive forward on the team playing massive minutes on the PK with Plekanec along with all the qualities you're also giving the guy. He would be better if he isn't as much use in a first or second line role which is clearly not his game and he doesn't look as good when the coach put him in that situation. Also he would be more effective on the physical part of the game if he would always play with guys like White, another forward of that type (Gaustad, Prust, Thornton, Asham, Kostopoulos) and if Habs add a big physical beast on the defensive position (Allen, Murray) that would make the team grittier and Moen wouldn't be alone doing the dirty job.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote