View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 12:39 PM
DM23BK30

vCash: 500
Sometimes team defense and goaltending arent enough to get you where you want to go.

You need to also take advantage of other team's mistakes.

In football, as we saw with the Giants, it's capitalizing on turnovers (GB, Niners and Pats games)

For the Rangers, it has to be the PP. Has to.

I just dont see Dustin Brown fixing it. Heck, I dont even see Nash fixing it. The 1st PP unit has two pass-first guys, an innacurate d-man who is scared to shoot, one guy in front of the net and a sniper who over-passes and doesnt shoot one-timers.

IMO, they need to acquire a d-man to replace either Eminger or Stralman who can run the PP, be bold enough to let shots go without worying about pissing off Gabby and Richards and also buy into the team concept for even strangth and on the PK.

If Nash or Borwn joins the team, who gets removed from the 1st PP unit? Callahan? Stepan? Richards? Nash likes playing his off wing, just like Gaborik. Only Gaborik rarely/never shoots off the pass on his off wing.

Nash does, but something tells me if he becomes a Ranger, he will become addicted to over-passing just like everyone else.