View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 02:43 PM
livingminimal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
I think you guys are over-estimating Jeff Carter. He really isn't the type of forward to make the players around him better. He needs the puck on his stick. He scores a lot of goals because he takes a ton of shots and has one of the most wicked wristers I've seen. His slap shot isn't bad either, but he rarely ever takes one.

He's frustrating to watch because he does the same move over and over. You'll get used to it. He'll carry the puck up the ice, go down the right side and fire a wrister from the side boards, 90% of the time he'll miss the net, the puck will travel around the boards and the other team will break out on an odd man rush.

Look, guy, I don't want to pull the "I've been playing hockey 25 years" card or some ****, but believe me, when you are a better, more talented offensive player, then whatever carpark post was previously in your place, you make the players around you better by default. Call it bleed effect, whatever. Teams will now focus on Jeff Carter. This makes Mike Richards more available. Or DB, or whomever. It's science.

Also, he can do the same move every damn time if he keeps averaging his career GPG. he can be cooking pancakes with penner on the bench. I don't care. keep potting it.

livingminimal is offline   Reply With Quote