View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 04:48 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

vCash: 500
I just feel like this is not going to happen. Richards last trade deadline, Souray the previous 10 trade deadlines, Mats Sundin, Mogilny, Tkachuk etc. We're rumored deeeeeep every year with the biggest player thought to be available. The only time we've gotten the biggest fish lately, was Jokinen, who was only the biggest fish because all the other GM's that were rumored to be shopping their top tier guys balked and never moved anyone.

I just hope Slats refocuses on what this team actually needs, and not the pipe-dream. Depth at center to put Mitchell as the 13th forward. Depth at defense to replace Sauer, who doesn't seem likely will be ready to go and in game shape anytime soon.

I'd feel much better having Eminger as the 7th to pull fill in work for a banged up d-man than Bickel. Bickel/Erixon as the 8th puts us in a good depth situation and we can sustain some guys recovering from any minor injuries for the late playoff run.

Preferably the depth center can win real draws, as that third line gets put on the ice by Torts an awful lot for defensive situations, and it'd be great to not have to trot out the Richards or Step lines for every defensive zone faceoff.