View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Late to the party, but can't get on here at work. On Dustin Brown...

The guy is outstanding in a 2nd/3rd line tweener grinding role. He'll take the body, and he can be extremely dangerous if he goes hard to the net and creates traffic and knocks home rebounds.

The problem is, he's had it drilled into his head that he is a 1st line scoring winger, and his game mostly consists of attempting dekes that lead to turnovers, and taking way too many easy wrist shots, most of which are straight into the goalie's chest. His inability to slam home wide open back side goals also makes Legwand look like a master of the craft. He does make some big hits also, but he very often goes way out of his way to do so.

That said, the guy has long been one of my favorite Kings, is a great character guy, and he will put up numbers, but I just don't believe he's as effective a player as he could be if put in the proper role. That is perhaps something Trotz could do.

Following both of these teams closely though, I need to say, you absolutely do NOT give up Colin Wilson for him. Wilson already has better talent, and has a better hockey IQ than Brown. I also don't think you give up Horny in exchange, as Brown does not fill the front-of-the-net role all that well currently. If you can do it for something like Blum+pick+something, than you definitely do it.

Last edited by Iron Duke: 02-24-2012 at 05:43 PM.