View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 05:59 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
I'll have to say it again, even though I said it before....

You're saying this team is going to get better with two UNPROVEN, (one of which has NEVER even stepped on NHL ice) player's. You're saying two ROOKIES are the key to the winning a cup, not this year, but next. Or maybe you're talking 3 - 4 years down the road ? Are we to expect Hank, Gabby, Richards are all going to be healthy and still performing as they currently are 3 - 4 years from now ?

I think it's a stretch, A REAL STRETCH to think C.K. even makes the roster to start next season, yet there are those who think he's Crosby v2.0 and will lead us to a Cup. I love the optimistic thinking, but it's pretty unrealistic, good heavens.

I (let me stress "I") think it's obvious this team is built to win NOW (obviously) and remain competetive as it's currently constructed.. MINUS ANOTHER LEGIT WINGER, and to gamble that based soley on the opitimistic grandure of a couple of rookies, or a rookie, a kid, is insane!! just crazy talk when I hear/see it... "I" have NO IDEA what C.K. will bring to the table of this organization next year, or future years and if you think you do, I'd like some Lotto number's while you're at it...
We go from saying this team is a projected 6th seed in the offseason to now claiming we are in win now mode and must mortage cap space for an overpaid player?

Makes no sense.