View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 07:02 PM
habfaninvictoria

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Honestly I think Gauthier is doing a heck of a job, pretty much every move has been a win, and a one year tank is exactly what we need to acquire that one elite forward that has been eluding us. The on ice results are obviously disappointing, but thats not the GMs responsibility. Not sold on RC though.
While the moves may be ok, the message and the leadership is not. The GM needs to not only make good moves but provide level headed leadership. He has not provided this. The organization is in dissarray and the responsibility lies at his feet. The coaching fiasco aside, he's made no moves that show me he's got a vision for the team. We got bigger with Bourque, but the work ethic remained the same. We got worse IMO with Kaberle, and he seems lost at the best of times. Picking up prospects is one thing (Geoffrion is a good move), but he's a long way from proving himself.

I want a GM who will have an overall vision for the makeup of the team. At least when BG blew it up he had a theme. Leaders who'd won cups. This almost paid off 2 years ago. PG has spent all of his time picking up spare parts that don't have a unifying theme. Successful teams buy into a plan. We don't have one at the moment, and I don't see PG ever having one.

If we're the flying frenchmen, then lets do it (maybe not all french though). You don't have to be soft to be quick. No one seems to mess with Cole and he's damn fast.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote