View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
And here's my response from the game thread:

To be quite honesty back at you, how the hell can you know how much/little Richards "trusts" his linemates?

Also, when at any point in his overrated career, has Rick Nash EVER been in the same hemisphere as a "top 5 talent in this league"? He's a guy who brings nothing but scoring, and his career year put him at 18th in the league.

And further--how many times do we have to covet another team's player based on the belief that that player would DEFINITELY mesh with the players we've already got? How many times do we have to do that and watch it fail miserably (Gomez/Jagr, Drury/Jagr, Richards/Gaborik, etc etc etc) before we stop and realize that chemistry is more important than stat lines?
Does he have any type of chemistry with any of his line mates? Where is the creative passing he had with Eriksson on this team? Maybe he has team chemistry and bonding with them, but on the ice, what you usually see is him dumping the puck or holding the puck instead of passing it. He's not trusting his instincts, and it probably means he doesn't trust his linemates, therefore he tries to do more with the puck than he needs to.

And Rick Nash has NEVER played with any semblance of a team. In the olympics, he was by far and away the best player on the ice, for any team. Talent wise, he is top 5. Crosby has Malkin, similarly Malkin has Crosby. Toews has Kane and Hossa. Datsyuk has Zetterberg and Fransen. Stars need other stars. Richards and Nash also know each other from that olympic team, where Nash played the left wing on his line... where he would need to play on our 2nd line.

Edit: and by "his line" I mean Nash's own. I know he was centered by Crosby. I'm just saying he's familiar with the position and he's clearly familiar with Richards as well.

And that's why you have to match players to have chemistry. Nash and Richards have already played together. Nash also plays a game more similar and suitable to Richards (a lot closer to that than Gaborik's style).

The fact that you argue that Nash isn't a top 5 talent means you must not watch him much. As you're referring to, team assembly and chemistry is very important. When in Nash's entire career have the Jackets supplied him with a good, even a decent core? Jagr in Washington faired with similar problems.

WE NEED SCORING.

Last edited by Rust Heisenberg: 02-24-2012 at 07:54 PM.