View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 08:54 PM
David_99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
I want a GM who will have an overall vision for the makeup of the team. At least when BG blew it up he had a theme. Leaders who'd won cups. This almost paid off 2 years ago. PG has spent all of his time picking up spare parts that don't have a unifying theme. Successful teams buy into a plan. We don't have one at the moment, and I don't see PG ever having one.
Asset management has been the downfall of our franchise for years. From Patrick Roy to now, how many times have we clearly won a trade? Garon for Huet and Bonk? Rivet for Gorges + Patches? That's pretty much it. In 20 ****ing years. How many draft picks have we wasted? Drafted or traded for "Over-the-hillers"? How many young players have we lost in that time, only to do better elsewhere? Is it the management that's toxic or the city itself? Before Price and Subban it seemed "young and talented"(especially local) was recipe for disaster. As for managers, shouldn't the talent be lining up out the door to work here? Why are we always left with the former assistants(either ours or theirs)?

Molson should be looking for the best of the best(GM & Coach), with the second best of the best, as assistant(Gm & Coach)s. We've got two things clearly working against us. History and language. It's a reality and relevant, but true.

Today, with the 30 teams, the spreading of talent, the lack of french talent, today's media, and local owner with actual money to lose in their real jobs(beer sales), it really hampers our freedom to just go out and get the best of the best talent. Whether it be managers or players.

Personally, I hope this isn't the case from now on, but it's hard not to be skeptical. We have a heavier-than-usual monkey on our back, that won't go away, than at least 28 other clubs. Right now, chances at a cup being 1 in 30 are bad enough. Do we really have to put up with all this other crap?

I want Molson to say "**** it", drown out the outside influences and just go for it. Does anyone else feel they'll do that?

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote