View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 08:10 PM
SouthernHab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucky View Post
They need a plan. A strategy that is thought out and that makes sense. So far, I don't think there is one. Many Canadiens fans don't see a decent plan and I bet most fans of other teams would take a look and agree.

I didn't know there were 'Gauthier fans' but how can one justify bringing Kaberle on board? He was struggling like Gomez has this season but that was way back when he was acquired by Boston. Even a bunch of Leaf fans were pointing out his deficiencies. He might be a nice guy and maybe he shoots more and still has some skills. But, he's been sent around to other teams and they've ultimately been unsatisfied. It just causes more problems for the cap and contracts if it continues. It was too much of a risk.

It's these decisions that really screw you up if you keep making them. There's lots of ammo to fire at Gauthier so trying to defend him seems to be a waste of time, imho. Looking at another strategy and going for new personnel seems to be a better plan.

I would reserve judgment for RC as he just took over mid-season. But, I read on here he has made questionable decisions regarding lines and players he's put out, too. Maybe a total revamping of management/coaching is needed to start fresh?

No one knows if they're a better team than what you are getting because Gauthier keeps making moves that make little sense?
Yes, we have a pretty large contingent of Gauthier "fans" here on this board. He can do no wrong and they think that he is doing a great job here in Montreal. There are a million excuses offered as to why we are last in the East but none of them point at Gauthier.

Its rather odd.....

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote