View Single Post
Old
02-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Aileen C*

vCash: 500
This is a bad team because its offense is crap.

Its offense is crap for a number of reasons.

1. The bottom six forwards are unable to put the puck in the net.

Dubinsky works as hard as Callahan and is excellent along the boards. But he has six goals.

Boyle is the best defensive forward on this team. He's huge and is comparatively great at the faceoff. But he has five goals.

Prust is our best fighter, a great penalty killer, and another hard-worker. But he has 3 goals.

Rupp is just there. He's worse than Prust at fighting. I don't understand why any team needs three enforcers (Bickel included), let alone one full of scrappers who can hold their owns.

Mitchell is bound to take someone's eye out with a soccerball again.

Fedotenko will probably be that someone.

2. Tortorella's decisions.

Fedotenko was injured. Instead of giving Wolski or someone a shot, he dresses a rookie defenseman who can only fight as a forward. To me, this is Tortorella's decision to make the fourth line incapable of scoring. Not that it is unexpected to score, but it can't score at all.

Richards was brought in to play with Gaborik. Gaborik is his usual 37-goal self with Stepan, but how productive would he be with Richards?

And, in general, why is Tortorella so willing to give up on players like Deveaux while standing by Rupp?
3. The powerplay.

How long was Girardi on the powerplay? What was he supposed to add? Should we expect him to return to it? How about Staal? And Mitchell?

Now, I pose the relevant question...

How does Nash fix any of this?