View Single Post
Old
02-25-2012, 06:10 AM
LOFIN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
Not obviously referring to the play as the follow up by him refers to more professional organisations in the Allsvenskan. I think it is unlikely that he thinks that the Allsvenskan is better in general than SM-liiga when it comes to the level of play.

But I would say that the organisations in Allsvenskan is not worse in general than the organisations in SEL. There are a heap of former SEL teams in Allsvenskan who got proved high standard of organisations (e.g. Leksand, Mora, Malmö and Södertälje). How that compares to the organisations in SM-liiga I do not know. I would not be very surprised that SEL/Allsvenskan in general (who is about the same level organisation wise) has an edge against SM-liiga teams in general when it comes to organisations.
Probably because promotion/relegation actually works in Sweden. The time between 2000-2008 when SM-liiga was a closed league didn't really encourage organisations to actually work hard. Now it seems that the gap between top level Mestis teams and low level SM-liiga teams is becoming shorter and for the first time in many years, we actually have a chance of a team getting relegated to Mestis. Ilves no less, perhaps the most legendary club in SM-liiga. That would be quite amazing.

LOFIN is offline   Reply With Quote