View Single Post
Old
02-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Stepanformayor*

vCash: 500
How can any of you compare Richards to Stepan. I think Stepan is a all around better player than Richards and it shows in his ability to kill penalties, play on the pp, play a bigger role in ot, and he is so much better in his own end and he is still a young 21 year old kid.

If any of you think that they signed him thinking he would be are second line center, have a negative impact on the pp,and have 1 more point than Stepan at this point is crazy. I have said this a least 3 times on this board. The reasons Richards is not playing with Gabby are easy to me. He is awful in his own end and he can not skate with Gabby.

I think it's a blessing that Stepan has matured into the player that he is or we would be in a lot of trouble down the middle. The fact that Stepan has 40 points and is now 6th overall in the entire NHL at a plus 23 is nothing short of remarkable for a kid that most of us (including me) did not think that he would even be in the NHL.

As far as i am concerned Brad Richards was brought in here to boost our offense and make our PP better, and he has done neither. I would bet if you asked the Ranger brass they would tell you the same. This has BUST written all over it!!