View Single Post
Old
02-25-2012, 10:05 AM
alkurtz

vCash: 500
Hoping that he turns it around does not negate an honest assessment of his performance. He all hope that he turns it around. We need him to do well for us to make a deep playoff run.

I don't buy the argument that it is his wingers. Cally is not exactly swiss cheese. I just don't see evidence of visionary passes that are just not converted. I just don't see elite vision and passes that make you say "wow."

Aside from the team's monetary investment, all of us fans have an emotional investment in him. We want him to do well so bad. When he doesn't perform, many here are making excuses for him. It doesn't make you less of a Ranger fan to evaluate his work and come away upset, disappointed, and concerned.

Yes he brings so much else to the table and that cannot be dismissed or negated. We are a better team with him than without him. But wasn't this what we said about Drury? He got him to perform on the ice above all.

Some games I ask myself "is he even playing?" Some games he is invisible on the ice. I count myself as upset, disappointed, and concerned.

Our need is still the same as it has been the last few years: a legit #1 center. Right now we have 3 #2 centers (counting AA has a center): BR, Stepan, AA, (Dubi too if we want to include him) and a #4 center (Boyle). Having a plethora of #2's is good but we desperately need a #1 and I don't see where we are going to get one.