View Single Post
Old
01-26-2006, 08:56 AM
Stonehands77

vCash: 500
This thread is completely ridiculous. "This year is lost"...when they're still one of the top teams in the East? I'm glad to see your last post admits this is completely unwarranted. Make any other top team in the league have this level of injuries, and see how well they do. Was last night's game disappointing? No question it was...I cursed at the TV and wanted to throw stuff. But make me give up on the season? Are you insane? This is a good team. Forsberg will go for the playoffs...as others have pointed out, it took a ruptured spleen to make him miss the playoffs before. With Johnsson coming back (and using a face shield. Why on earth more players don't do that is beyond me, but that's another discussion) and Pitkanen due back soon, this team will improve greatly. How could it not, since that means that Therien won't be playing so much?

There probably will be some moves coming, as the forward corps needs some more upgrading. I'm still puzzled by the Nedved move a bit, but if he starts using his shot, that'd be great...and really, I can't complain too much. He's had a point in each game he played for the Flyers, and if he can provide some spark for the 2nd PP unit, that would be great. I'd like to see the Flyers acquire someone better at the deadline, but really, I'll leave that to the people on the trade board to propose stuff. Oh, and if they could get rid of Savage, I'd be happy with that. He just doesn't produce, despite all the effort he puts in.