Old
02-25-2012, 12:37 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLabel View Post
I disagree. Saying league X is "better" than league Y without elaborating in what sense, to me it refers to the overall quality of the leagues (I should have said overall quality instead of level of play in the post you quoted. Poor wording on my part). If he had referred to professionalism he most likely would have left it with only saying the second part, that the Allsvenskan is "more professional".

Now we don't know what actually was said in the interview. It could be that the article is poorly worded. It also could be that Kalteva said something along the lines of "the Allsvenskan is better suited for me because the teams are more professional here" but was misquoted in the article. If that was the case then my interpretation would be different. But the wording as it is leads me to interpret the way I explained in the first paragraph.
Perhaps you are right as I do not know very much about Kalteva or the interview in particular. I guess I try to rationalise Kalteva's statement, as I find it hard to think that he meant the level of play in general Allsvenskan vs SM-liiga, but perhaps he is a hater. the thing I could go on was the "Många klubbar är mer professionella här", as a clarification of his previous paragraph - which points to that it is the organisations he means. But the best way to know is to ask him, does he got Twitter by any chance?

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote