View Single Post
Old
02-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Nex06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Jack Johnson was often more JWTFJ than JMFJ, so his loss won't be too big so long as Carter comes here to play. I understand that you have to give up assets to get what you want, but the loss of another 1st round draft choice is disturbing.

If Carter was the last piece of the puzzle, then absolutely make that trade - but does anyone honestly see Carter as the final piece to push them over the top? I understand that DL had to do something at some point to preserve his job. Is this move likely to make a difference this season? I don't know.

The other part of this that bothers me a bit is - if this was the path that DL was going to take, why didn't he start this 3 years ago instead of all of the fillers and bridgers or whatever that he spent a fortune on? If you can get solid players with good contracts for picks and prospects or young players, why wait? How many of the prospects in the Kings' pipeline went up in value vs how many have dropped in value? Do you think that you could have traded Hickey for more 3 years ago than now?
The day the trade happened, I was thinking it's not a good trade. After I slept it over, I now think it's fine. Still nothing spectacular, just something that needed to be done to try to reach the next level. It's risky, but Lombardi has most often been criticized for lack of taking similar risks. I am leaning slightly towards approval, you seem to be leaning slightly in the opposite direction. I think most fans feel the same, somewhere around "I don't know."

But still I think that it is correct TYPE of a deal to be made by Lombardi at the moment. Just not sure if it is the right player, we will see. Obviously I am not going to criticize him for it next season, if it doesn't turn out well, since I don't have a very strong opinion now.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote