Old
02-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step View Post
Not sure if you guys get this all the time on your board, but my wife and I stayed in NYC this past week for 3 days. Having visited a number of American cities I can say that the the hockey fans can be somewhat hard to find. Not so in The City. Even in the middle of "Lin-Sanity" I came across hundreds of folks with Rangers sweaters everywhere (ranging from Messier and Gretzky to Girardi and Callahan jerseys). We had a wicked meal at The Flying Puck pub (during the Rangers-Penguins game) and hung out and met lots of really informed and super passionate fans. The atmosphere in that place is awesome. Also checked out Wee Molly's pub (based on reco's on your board here) - great little hockey pub.

Gotta say, super impressed with the passionate and intelligent (one guy we met even knew Ottawa's 6 forwards on our two top lines) Rangers fans in the city. It's weird coming across hockey fans where people are opinionated and rowdy without coming off like **********. We had an awesome time.
Likewise I found the fans in Ottawa to be the friendliest in Canada when I visited. It just took me two hours to get back to the hotel after the game, lol.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote