View Single Post
Old
02-25-2012, 03:51 PM
jlsg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Sorry I don't feel the same way about the guy that you both do. He was a role player that did his job. Big whoop. He's gone, I'm thankful for it. He is trash compared to what we have on the roster at this moment and I'm glad he's gone. I hope he does well for the Panthers but the writing has been on the wall for quite some time.

And no, I don't owe respect to the guys mentioned above. The one I give my hats off to is Walker. He turned his career around with us and is the epitome of what a Predator is. He was a fourth liner that turned into a pretty good overall player for us. He worked his butt off, fought on the ice for his teammates, skated hard every shift, showed tenacity beyond belief. To put Smithson in the same category is a major slap in the face to Walker, IMNSHO.
So I guess that's why most players weren't sad to see Walker go. Smithson worked every bit as hard on the ice as Walker, perhaps more. He may not have had the skill but this isn't about that. My interactions with both players told me that Smithson was twice the person and twice the team mate then Walker ever thought about being. Talk about a slap in the face.

Having said that, it was Smithson's time to move on. We have players that can do what he does and offer something extra.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote