View Single Post
Old
02-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Langway
Intangibles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Yeah. That's some pretty weak speculating by hotstove. His toi is down because daddy's home.
Hotstove didn't mention anything. Ben Raby tweeted the observation. The TOI/role is fully deserved but he's nonetheless a luxury.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...775/story.html
Quote:
• The St. Louis Blues were very interested in signing defenceman Roman Hamrlik last summer before he went to the Washington Capitals for two years. Now he’s on the block? Would the Blues take him? They need forwards more with Jamie Langenbrunner (broken foot) and Alex Steen (concussion) out. With a tight budget of $52 million, it would probably dollars in, dollars out in any deal.
Colaiacovo & Crombeen would be my guess on $$$ dumps but that's not a very appealing combo. Crombeen has another year remaining at $1M. Bradley money. Further sweeteners would be needed and better fits may be elsewhere.
Quote:
• Down two forwards (Nathan Horton and Rich Peverley) the Boston Bruins could go back to the well and deal for Capitals’ Mike Knuble, who played four years for them, up to the lockout, even if he hasn’t scored a goal since Dec. 5.

• One thing about Capitals coach Dale Hunter, he’s not much of a tap-dancer. He hasn’t much liked the play of Tomas Vokoun lately, calling him out in the loss to the Senators this week. “We need some big stops early, that’s part of the game,” said Hunter, who had yanked Vokoun after two quick goals by the Chicago Blackhawks before the misadventure in Ottawa. If Hunter’s saying that publicly, I’d like to hear the grousing behind closed doors....

• I wonder if Randy Carlyle will wind up coaching the Washington Capitals next year, which would be a juicy trade twist since Bruce Boudreau got Carlyle’s job in Anaheim. I don’t see Dale Hunter lasting past this year. “He only agreed to coach until the end of the year to see if they liked him and he liked doing it,” said Hunter’s brother, Dave.

• I didn’t know Alex Ovechkin’s 13-year Caps’ contract had no no-trade provision until July 1, 2014 (year six) until hearing ace Russian scribe Slava Malamud say so on Mark Spector’s show on the Team this week, so they could try and move him this summer or next. It’s a long-shot, but possible considering Ovie’s diminishing returns and fire for the game that was once on high but is now on simmer. His cap hit is $9.5 million.

Last edited by Langway: 02-25-2012 at 10:54 PM.