View Single Post
Old
02-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
Getting a Malhotra type guy would help Plekanec, and the team as a whole, alot without costing too much. Giving him some wingers would probably help too. No one should expect a player with 60% Dzone starts in hard minutes to put up huge numbers. This really need to be addressed in the offseason, it should in fact be a priority. Personally, if management sign some useless goon to center our 4th line (or doesn't sign anyone) because of a new size and toughness complex instead of adressing a real problem and sign someone that can take some of Plekanec's responsabilties on D I won't have a whole lot of faith in them going foward.
Good call.

I think it's pretty cool, how Vigneault is using Malhotra. Allocating ice time by zone start more than any other coach in the league, as far as I can tell. Using the Sedins in the o-zone, forcing the opposition, who usually play power-on-power against the twins to use their best in their d-zone. Then using Malhotra and Lapierre in their own end against the rest, willing to do that very specific task of winning faceoffs and clearing the Nucks' zone.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote