View Single Post
Old
02-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Stillflexin*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
If the Blues take anything less than a third-round pick for Bishop, they're doing themselves a disservice.

Even a single third-round pick is underpayment for Bishop. I'm not saying he should get a first-rounder or a solid NHLer in return, but this guy would be starting, or at least splitting starts with a veteran, on more NHL teams than you can count on one set of fingers.

The Blues are not going to just give Ben Bishop away; if a decent deal can't be made in the next 72 hours, or whatever it is until the deadline, then the Blues will keep him in Peoria and wait until the draft to see what kind of a package he could be included in. There's also nothing that says they can't extend him or offer him a new contract, especially if something happens with either Halak or Elliott between now and the last whistle.

Bishop is a term insurance policy that's getting close to the end of it's term, but like that policy, he still has value to the organization as long as the term has not completely expired.
I understand they don't just want to give him away, I'm just saying I want to see the guy get his shot. He's a great goalie and I love the guy, lol i was just saying i wanna see him in the NHL!