View Single Post
Old
01-26-2006, 11:10 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25
I think I've had it with Hitch, I keep telling myself "he's won a stanley cup, he has to be a good coach," but then reality sets in. Today I find out that he sends Meyer to the Phantoms and mentions that with Forsberg and Radio being out, he will "probably" go with Eager. Who else would you go with? Was he watching when Eager was playing? The Meyer situation is Meyer's fault, he scored a goal on Wednesday. He should know that contributing to the team will put you in Hitchcock's doghouse. If he wants to make it in this system he needs to break down on defense and look clueless when he has the puck, also carrying the puck into the zone is a no no, you're supposed to dump it in to the other team. Ben Eager, here are some tips for you, if you get any playing time (this will be hard to come by with such greats as Donald Brashear, Brian Savage, and Turner Stevenson in the line up) 1. Do not check! 2. Do not fight, if Gagne gets elbowed in the head, make sure the guy that did it didn't hurt his elbow. 3. If you're open in front of the net and get the puck - shoot it wide, hold on don't even get open in front of the net. 4. Do not keep the puck in the other team's zone - this could create scoring chances and keep the other team from scoring. 5. If you are going to shoot, make sure there are no screens, no rebounds, and that you are at an impossible angle. 6. Last but not least, Take a penalty in the offensive zone when we are in a desperate situation.
You seem to be as disgusted with this team as I do. Other things to add would be, "If you are playing a team that has been struggling lately, do everything in your power to cut them a break. Your team hasn't won on the road in a month? Come play us! We'll go easy on you, and may even let marginal players score 4 goals!"