View Single Post
Old
02-26-2012, 01:22 AM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
I want a top 6, but not sure I'd like to pay this much when others could be had cheaper. With some of the teams who were previously trying to make the playoffs falling back now...there might be more reason to move players (Grabovski) comes to mind here...Leafs just lost and could be dropping out of the race.

Either way, I think Nash has a couple things he could add that will shore-up our offense this year and years to come.

Weber/Suter would re-sign with a move like this...if we lose Wilson...remember Radulov is probably coming back next year...Nash and Radulov together? Look out opposing teams.

I like this because it's just 1 roster player being moved and not 2 or more. Many CBJ fans wanted something like Wilson + Lindback + Josi + 1st. Right now we might be able to do this with only touching 1 roster spot and then replacing it with Nash.

It also makes sense on the salary, the exchange is minimal for the Preds..meaning we'd have room in FA to pick-up even more people and re-sign others to long-term deals.

NASH-ville...nuff said baby

Downside:

We would have to upgrade Chet Pickard to back-up goalie, but we'd still have 7 picks this year in the draft.

-------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated note: Anyway if we send Lindback instead of Laakso that we turn around and pick-up a back-up goalie with another trade?
Not to sound a skeptic, but I don't believe that acquiring Nash is any guarantee that Suter/Weber stay. I also don't have any confidence that Radulov is truly coming back until I see pictures of him at Training Camp next summer. I think basing anything off of either of those assumptions is a very dangerous game.