View Single Post
Old
02-26-2012, 12:41 AM
predwings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
We could trade away 3 pieces of the future - Wilson, Ellis, and the 1st rounder. Even with Nash, we could exit in the 2nd or 3rd round and Suter may still leave. Then we've lost Suter AND the pieces in the trade. Not saying I wouldn't do it, but it is a gamble with no assurances that Suter will stay. Without Suter and Weber demanding a commitment, I don't think Poile ever makes an offer for Nash. All of the risk lies with the organization and it's fan base (we do pay the bills for this team). If we make this move and Suter still walks, he will be the most hated man in the NHL.
Well, the point being here that if they are that committed to walking...would you rather have a bunch of future pieces or an all-star? I'd rather have Nash who we could then build the team around again. The likelihood of Suter walking definitely doesn't increase with a big trade for an all-star type player...so I can't see your point here. If you always think he's going to leave then you're all but sending him out the door with his bags. If you fight to make him stay...he recognizes this and even if he signs another 1-2 year deal to give it a shot with Nash...we've got that much more time to re-sign him.