Old
02-26-2012, 07:24 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Same here. Have felt that way for a while. The value just isnt there...maybe another team on the list will crack and do something stupid, but its not going to be the Rangers.

Contrary to popular opinion around here, Nash does not HAVE TO be dealt right now.

He and his agent supplied a list of teams, and said these teams wont change. He has not demanded out...thats something thats just been assumed (far too often on this board).

Howson and the Columbus organization dont know what theyre doing or what they want.
I felt the same way a week ago. But now I'm not sure. You cant go back to your franchise player and say "guess you're staying". I guess I also don't see how different this summer is compared to now for the Jackets. But the summer is a huge difference for Nash.

Ultimately, it will come down to Cbus realizing that a large part of the assets they get will be cap relief. I don't see how a team like the Rangers are going to up their offer in the summer when ultimately, Nash will dictate where he wants to go.