View Single Post
Old
02-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I felt the same way a week ago. But now I'm not sure. You cant go back to your franchise player and say "guess you're staying". I guess I also don't see how different this summer is compared to now for the Jackets. But the summer is a huge difference for Nash.

Ultimately, it will come down to Cbus realizing that a large part of the assets they get will be cap relief. I don't see how a team like the Rangers are going to up their offer in the summer when ultimately, Nash will dictate where he wants to go.
This is important too. Remember, this is a guy that signed the longterm extension with Columbus less than 2 years ago. Was this because he got the promise from ownership that they'd import some help for him? Does Nash's mindset change because that experiment failed miserably? Is Columbus' next move to purge their franchise player and basically start over (probably should be)?

This is a lost season for Columbus. Nothing good is going to come out of it if they deal Nash or not. It just makes more sense to me that Columbus will wait til the offseason where they can make decisions about their management, and really sit down with Nash to see what the next step is for both parties.

Then again, this is one of the poorest run franchises in the NHL, so it wouldnt surprise me if they trade their franchise player for Brandon Dubinsky, a couple of second-tier prospects, and a late first rounder. Its all seems rushed and foolish to me, however.