Old
02-26-2012, 10:49 AM
El Nino22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by a79krgm View Post
Drafted: 2008 1st Round (23rd)
Pro Seasons: 2
Stats: 54 GMS, 0 G, 6 A, 6 Pts (as of Feb, 25th)

I think most people can agree that Cuma is no longer considered a top prospect. I just want to know what happened?

In 2008 so many great young defenseman were available. ... Drew Doughty,Alex Pietrangelo,Tyler Myers,Zach Bogosian, Michael Del Zotto to name a few. Did the fact that this draft was top-heavy on defensive talent somehow cloud the scout's judgment on Cuma?

... and why was Macro Scandella NOT a first rounder. (instead almost a 3rd rounder)?
Cuma still has potential to be a top prospect for the Wild. If you remember in his draft year he just about made the Wild out of camp. Cuma's biggest problem is injuries. He has yet to be able to play a full season of pro hockey or even juniors for that matter. This year he has finally stayed healthy, and he has looked good. The 6 assists might seem low, but even in junior Cuma never was a big offensive guy numbers wise. I see his point totals more as a victum of the constantly depleted Aero's team than his own lack of ability. I see Cuma really as an Andrej Sekera type. Good skater, can move the puck, very solid in his own end, and will top out at about 30 points at the pro level.

El Nino22 is offline   Reply With Quote