View Single Post
Old
02-26-2012, 01:45 PM
klt2001

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
NHL.com:

NASHVILLE: Here's an interesting take on the Rick Nash sweepstakes.

David Boclair of the Nashville City Paper says several sources have confirmed that Nashville has entered into the dialogue about prying Nash, an elite power forward and the biggest name on the market, away from the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Boclair admits that Nashville may not be the favorite in the sweepstakes, which includes the New York Rangers, the Toronto Maple Leafs and San Jose Sharks -- the team Nashville beat Saturday night -- at the forefront.

But, past history, says Boclair, suggests that David Poile is not afraid to make a big deal and surrender some major assets in the process. Peter Forsberg anyone?

"The Predators have made an offer of their own for the 27-year-old power forward, multiple sources have confirmed," Boclair wrote for Sunday's edition. "While it seems unlikely the Blue Jackets would want to deal their best player to a division opponent that regularly whips up on them, the attempt to get Nash speaks to Poile's attempts to satisfy his top players' desire for more elite talent and to strengthen the team's chances to make a significant playoff run.

"Reports on Saturday indicated that Columbus' asking price for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2002 draft who is signed through the 2017-18 season is understandably high as Monday afternoon's trade deadline approaches.

"The most Nashville has given up at one time was two young first-round draft picks, Scottie Upshall and Ryan Parent, as well as a future first and a third-round pick for Peter Forsberg, a rental player late in 2006-07. Using that deal as a template, Nashville's offer for Nash could include the likes of Colin Wilson (Nash would take his spot in the lineup), Ryan Ellis or Jonathon Blum and multiple other picks and/or prospects."

If Boclair's contentions are on the mark, that certainly throws a wrinkle into the Nash sweepstakes.
Interesting. If that is the case, I would give up Blum over Ellis. I like Ellis better. Don't want to give up Colin Wilson because I like him alot too but if that means getting Nash in return, I would be okay w/ it.

Last edited by klt2001: 02-26-2012 at 01:50 PM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote