Thread: Cost of Cal?
View Single Post
Old
02-26-2012, 01:50 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 50
I like Cluts but we do have a glut of forwards coming in, many of whom have a higher potential. He is a great third-liner, but has no business being on the first or second line of a well-rounded team. I have been wondering where his place will be in the near future.

Let us not forget his slow start to the season either. If you have a third-liner who doesn't want to grind it out then there are problems. He wants to be a scorer, but he just does not have the skills: bad hands, my God if I see him try to deke around another defenseman... His shot has power but he rarely even gets it on net, and when he does most of the time he just shoots it right into the goalie- a sniper he aint. Finally, he has bad hockey sense and no on-ice vision.

Now don't get me wrong, I like him and think he is good at what he should be doing, but he is not that great and for the right price could help us. Now would also be a good time because his perceived value does appear to be higher than it actually is. I know Vancouver is strongly interested in Ott and they play a similar game.

DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote