View Single Post
Old
01-27-2006, 12:14 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersphan
Lets not go overboard. To get Luong it might not take that much. Its obvious he wants out of Florida (rejecting two very nice offers), so they are dying to deal him and get something. Plus there are many teams that have thier own goalies that they want ot trade, or have no niterest in trading for a goalie. I think Florida may go for Nitty, Downie, Jones, 1st and 2nd. They would be getting a baot load of talent and options with the picks. The Flyers dont need Downie as (from what I heard) he is like Richards anyway.
Luongo wont be traded yet, if he is traded. Wait until April or atleast March to see what his future beholds. He doesnt want to talk about contracts with Florida until then, which leads you to believe if he is traded, its the offseason.
Second of all, whilst its a nice package you said, Florida would one of Gange, Richards, Carter. I understand why Philly fans would say no, but we want a potential star player back in return. Luongo is a franchise goaltender, and hence whilst not a franchise player would be coming back, we would want a young future star coming back.
Thats why i dont think Philly are good trading partners.