View Single Post
Old
02-26-2012, 05:36 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I agree. The defense as it's been for the past few weeks isn't containing Malkin and Hank can't do everything by himself all the time.

Right now, we're back to being a team that relies on Hank. The offense has been streaky and the defense has been subpar.
To me, the effort hasn't been there. Look at the first goal yesterday, players got complacent thinking Staal could fend off those guys, and instead of busting it back, glided back and were half a second late on preventing that chance. Effort level needs to go back up. I'd bring in an energy 3rd/4th liner and a depth player for defense along with possibly a face off guy.

Someone I'd like to see the team possible go after is another Jones, but not David. Ryan Jones would be a good guy to grab off of Edmonton with them being sellers at the deadline. He's signed for next season at a modest 1.5 million and has 24 points (13G 11A) this season. He'd be a solid 3rd/4th liner for us and would bring some more energy to the roster. He could replace someone like Rupp or Mitchell, possibly even Feds.

Last edited by mrjimmyg89: 02-26-2012 at 05:41 PM.