View Single Post
Old
02-26-2012, 06:04 PM
NCRanger

vCash: 500
I personally dislike, no DETEST, the RBC Center. I lived in Raleigh from 1999-2006, and actually had season tickets to the Hurricanes for three years. My last year I had tickets, I actually had my rep come to my seats during a Ranger game and get all ****** with me about having a Ranger jersey on. I now live in Charlotte, and rarely, if ever, will attend a game at that place. I agree with the no blocking of sightlines being a positive, but the kindergarten classroom atmosphere of the stupid sound effects and non-stop artificial noise drives me up the wall. Granted, if the Rangers jump on top, the place is more tolerable because the silliness is negated. If the Hurricanes get a lead, it is an annoying building to be in. Not to mention, the general feeling of the rent-a-cop mentality of the overbearing "security".

I used to take a trip to Atlanta to catch a game, an overall much nicer place and less of a feeling of being in an elementary school.

That being said, downtown Raleigh has changed quite a bit since 2006.

I HIGHLY recommend The Pit. Wasn't aware that Natty Greene's had a spot in Raleigh. I've been to the original in Greensboro, and the beers are top notch. The Flying Saucer is outstanding, but be careful if you drive...there's ALWAYS a cop sitting there, and some of those beers are a bit stronger than you may think.

Glenwood South is an interesting area -- not necessarily downtown, but pretty close, and it can be a fun night.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote