View Single Post
Old
02-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Habs started out strong. After 10 minutes, Florida adjusted to the Habs' chip-it-out-pass-it-ahead-dump-it-in system. Cunneyworth adjusted by telling his guys to work harder. The end.

The team's lack of a transition game is completely, utterly sad and it's all because they don't even try. They have only one play to get it out of the zone, and once Florida took that away they were able to bottle the Habs in their own zone pretty much permanently.

Meanwhile, they don't have an offensive zone scheme that's able to prevent Florida from simply collecting their dump-in and turning it around. They just try to bang bodies down low even if the puck is long gone.

Oh, and how many pointless long pass attempts have there been? Most of those resulted in needless turnovers. I've even seen the Habs, with the puck in their zone and no pressure for once, attempt a three-line pass rather than skate with it. Predictably, it failed. It's like the stretch pass is the only way they know how to get across the neutral zone now.

Sigh. Same scenario over and over and over and over and over again. And we'll only see more of this until the season is over.
I was no JM fan, but I remember something about keeping the passes short...less chance of a turnover. It's like RC has 180'd on JM's system, and the boys either don't get it or don't like it.....

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote