View Single Post
Old
02-26-2012, 07:18 PM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
A couple thoughts from a Canucks fan:

Kari - let in a couple softies but shut the door in the third. Sign of a good goaltender. Ribs was interviewed in the 2nd intermission and said Kari would shut the door, Stars definitely have trust in him.

Robidas - Interesting player. Good defensive presence in shutting down the Sedins, however it seemed he was covering up a lot for his partner (Souray?). He makes some questionable decisions offensively but I think it's due to him being overplayed. He's not a top pairing defender anymore, but a suitable 2nd pairing guy. Wish the Canucks acquired him somehow.

Eriksson - got his chances, rang one off the post. Good player.

Ryder - played a very good game, maybe some extra motivation from Stanley Cup. This was his first crack at the Nucks.

Riberio - Couple slick moves, he'll always be a cheeky mofo in my books.

Refs put away the whistles in the last ~4 min of the game (note: I'm not complaining about the icing, that's on the linesmen)

Canucks got an icing call just like that against the DRW, so I ain't even mad. Flames/Kings fans might have a problem with it though.

Also I'm surprised by the fight in the Stars, it was their 6th game in 8 days IIRC and they showed quite a bit of energy in the late third as opposed to the Nucks. Congrats on the 2 points.

kthsn is offline   Reply With Quote